Warning: Use of undefined constant php - assumed 'php' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /usr/www/users/honeyjgsga/wp-content/themes/honeyvaleherb/archive.php on line 48
Warning: Use of undefined constant php - assumed 'php' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /usr/www/users/honeyjgsga/wp-content/themes/honeyvaleherb/archive.php on line 41
A fuss free alternative rich source of Omega 3 to linseed, with the convenience of it not needing to be freshly crushed prior to feeding in order to enhance digestibility.
Chia seeds are rich in:
- Rich in Caffeic acid. An antioxidant which reduces inflammation.
- Quercetin. An antioxidant which is effective in reducing the inflammation that occurs during allergic responses, and protects against cancers.
- Phenolic compounds. Potent antioxidants, which prevent cellular oxidation and disease.
- Mucilage. Water-soluble fibre, which holds water 27 times its own weight. Add water to chia seeds to form a gel.
- Kaempferol. An anti-inflammatory, anti-microbial, anti-cancer, neuroprotective, anti-diabetic and anti-oxidant flavonoid.
- High-quality protein. Supports the production of keratin, which strengthens hooves and hair.
- Copper and Zinc. Helps to balance out the high iron commonly found in South African forages, which further enhance hoof, skin and immune health.
Chia seeds benefits for horses include:
- Balances the metabolism, provides weight management for both hard and easy keepers
- Easing joint and muscle pain
- Ulcer prevention and cure
- Sand colic prevention due to their high mucilage content
- Allergy relief — both skin and respiratory
- Metabolic conditions, including insulin resistance and Cushing’s disease (modulates insulin spikes)
- Healthy hooves and coat
- Relieving chronic inflammation
- Stabilising immune response
Horse 50 – 150g daily
Pony 25 – 90g daily